PREA Institutional Investor Council
GIC Real Estate Inc.
New York State Common Retirement Fund
University of California Board of Regents
Teacher Retirement System of Texas
Carnegie Corporation of New York
Office of the New York City Comptroller
Florida State Board of Administration
QuadReal Property Group
The PREA Institutional Investor Council represents the interests of the global institutional investor constituency of PREA and was established to enhance the communication process and body of knowledge for the global institutional investor constituency.
Participation in the PREA Institutional Investor Council is open to all global institutional investors, including corporate and public pension funds, endowments, foundations, Taft Harley funds, international pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, and family investment offices that are members of the Pension Real Estate Association (PREA). The Institutional Investor Council consists of twelve investor members that are elected to staggered terms.
- Council Chair will serve a term of two years or more at the Institutional Investor Council’s discretion.
- Members of the Council shall serve a two or three year term and may be re-elected and/or appointed to a second term, total of two terms not to exceed a maximum of six consecutive years. After twelve months from last year of service, an individual may be re-elected to serve on the Council again for a maximum of six consecutive years.
- The Council will meet three times per year
- Identify issues of importance to global institutional investor constituency and develop a strategic plan
- Take appropriate steps to implement initiatives and institutional investor only activities for PREA
- The Council chairperson or his/her appointee will serve on the PREA Board of Directors in an ex officio capacity
- Council members will actively participate in the PREA Committee structure and any Task Forces to address investor issues
- Other duties and responsibilities shall be determined from time to time by the PREA Institutional Investor Council